Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Holi Festival in Jodhpur

Holi is very fun! I was attacked by a group of Indian children, an Indian newspaper photo crew, and white tourists, including 3 Americans, rare in these parts, while sitting on the hotel rooftop terrace finishing breakfast. Yay! Holi came to find me!! And we had a silly good tume up on the roof, rubbing color powder on eachothers faces. Once in the street, however, things are a bit dicey. I got my boobs groped from behind, and turned around swearing and swinging my fist. Does that count as getting into a fight? The group of friends and I just walked away, only thing you can do. 10 seconds later, we were dancing with a group of orange and red robed women. I ruined a specifically chosen, old white shirt and sports bra, and got yellow color powder in my mouth and eye. You haven't lived until you've played Holi, and cleaned purple boogers out of your nose. The red and pink colors are the most staining. Washing my hair was like having red cough syrup poured on my head. Fun!!*!

1 comment:

  1. You look very happy!!! Blooming in fact.
    Crazy, wacky girl!!!

    ReplyDelete