Sunday, March 17, 2013

Gokarna

I took 4 different buses West after Hampi, aiming for the beaches of Goa. Timing had it that I went to Gokarna instead. It's a goofy little seaside town with a dirty beach, putrid estuary, more cows in the road than most Indian cities have, and a two crazy, holy charriots. I found a comfortable, inexpensive caban on the beach with 2 friendly neighbors, Karla from Austria, and Carlo from Italy. I fit right in.

Resting, stocking up on supplies (soap, kleenex, rehydration salt packets), reading, and easting my version of Indian burritos: Chapatti with masala potatoes, hot sauce, and tomato salad mixed in. Like Hampi, Gokarna is mostly veg, and restaurants don't serve beer. Heading north early tomorrow, maybe Goa, maybe as far as Mumbai.

No comments:

Post a Comment