Friday, February 8, 2013

Koh Tao island, scuba school!

I learned to scuba dive and loved it! I had a blast with Big Blue Diving on Koh Tao. Everyone there was enthusiastic and there to learn to dive. I did the Open Water course with 4 dives, and the advanced course with 5 dives, 4 of which went down past 20 meters, one had a shipwreck, and one descent was in a rock formation shaped like a chimney. We swam with a large turtle, and saw many beautiful fish and coral. I had some trouble with my ears, but did really well otherwise, finding neutral buoyancy easily and swimming more gracefully, with less effort and using less air than the boys! My ankle muscles are sore!
The ferry back to the Thai mainland was beautiful. The funky old bus from the port to the train station in Champon had to be push-started, which was hillarious. We all applauded. Diving was another high point of the trip. I'm so pleased I did it and look forward to diving again soon. Next is the night train to Bangkok and a day train right after to Chang Mai!

No comments:

Post a Comment