Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Hong Kong skyline

I left China earlier than what was in my master plan, so I booked a cheap flight to Manila! I got a taste of Hong Kong for just 2 days, am on my way to the HK airport already, but I'll be back for 3 more full days before flying to Hanoi.
In order to get to Hong Kong, I took the train from Guangzhou to Shenzhen. Lonely Plant (LP) said I'd have to pay for a visa permit for Shenzhen and HK, but didn't pay anything in either place. It's also pretty easy and cheap to walk through a series of hallways, checkpoints and immigration booths and hop on the HK metro on the otherside. No help from LP on that part either, and I missed the right signs in the Shenzhen station, rode the Shenzhen metro for 2 hours, unecessarily. Need to read more and different sources in advance next time. Oh well, fun all the same. Shenzhen is a clean, modern city from what I saw, O thought it would remind me of Detroit, but no.

No comments:

Post a Comment