Sunday, November 11, 2012

Bejing

A rainy shopping area just south of Tianenmen sq, and a pic of a light, uncrowded moment in the subway (tons of people)

The weather is even colder and windy, but at least it stopped raining. I bought leggings for under my pants, and a cheap puffy vest. I wear several shirts at the same time, hat, gloves, gortex jacket, puffy vest, 2 pairs of socks, and it's tolerable. I'm hoping I wont need warm clothes once I get down to Shanghai.

I met a spunky Chinese girl in the hostel, called Quan. She's a uni student in Australia for graphic arts, and she's on summer/xmas break. She's been so helpful, and suggested we go to a funky art district called 798. It was really fun, 100 galleries in refurbished, funky industrial factory buildings, and so cold I took 0 pics. Trying again tomorrow for the great wall. Xian and another city, Pingyao (sp?) are next, wiki wiki. Then straight for Shanghai.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pics! you're so much mroe techy than me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, nice people and warm clothes!

    ReplyDelete